Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Wednesday, April 1: Greg Murray

Isaiah 50:4. The Lord God has given me the tongue of a teacher, that I may know how to sustain the weary with a word.

How often in our work-a-day world have you felt anxious, fearful, overburdened and tired to the bone, and then you hear gentle words washing over you like a cooling breeze. Your burden eases and you feel peace. There is hope! There is grace! What wonderful power words can have!!

Jesus calls to us, “Come to me when are you tired and burdened, and I will give you rest.” What comfort and peace those sweet words bring!

He tells the winds of trouble, “Quiet! Be still!” What comfort and peace those sweet words bring!

In the midst of our fear, Jesus calls our name and says, “I am with you!” What comfort and peace those sweet words bring!

In this Lenten season, I pray that God will give us all the loving voice of a teacher, and teach us to share grace-filled words with our weary sisters and brothers. 

—Greg Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment