Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday, March 26: Charles Rus

Then what becomes of boasting? It is excluded. - Romans 3:19-31

When we stand for the Gospel at every Eucharist and listen to the words of Jesus, my feeling is often one of awe, respect, and love for this compassionate man who overflows with love for everyone. His words often go straight to my heart, and my mind doesn’t find a need to engage in an argumentative way, the way it does with some other Bible readings. I know what Jesus is saying is true. I feel it deep down. I long to be compassionate as he is, non-judging, accepting of what I am given in life, easy or hard. I long to share what I have with abandon, and to stop worrying and simply be grateful.

When I take Jesus’ message to heart, and try, even in the smallest way, to live and love as he did, I am living the mystery of faith in Christ. Belief in something other than truth is not faith. Faith is acting, in any given moment, from my heart, remembering I am Christ.
- Charles Rus

No comments:

Post a Comment