Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday, March 15: Tonya Farr

Psalm 139:2. You know my sitting down and my rising up; you discern my thoughts from afar.

You know that lovely feeling when it is your birthday and friends and family contact you to send you caring birthday wishes? Blessings come from every imaginable source; phone calls, conversations over meals, Facebook posts, you name it. It feels pretty good doesn’t it? It is especially nice hearing from loved ones that you haven’t spoken with for some time. 
This Psalm brings that feeling to my mind. Going about my busy days, I don’t always call to mind that God is with me. But God is with us every day, not just on our birthdays. He sticks with us no matter where we go, what we do (or don’t do), or what mistakes we make.

God is always with us; omnipresent. Not just with, but in us. He knows all of our thoughts, fears, and emotions. He knows when I get angry at inconsiderate drivers. He knows when I get worried over my teen learning to drive. He knows when my feelings are hurt, because my kids don’t necessarily love the dinner I worked so hard to prepare. He knows when we smile, frown, cry, or scowl. There is no putting on a brave face for God. He knows what we are truly thinking and feeling.

I am not one that easily shares my feelings with others. Most especially if those feelings portray weakness, sadness, or negative thoughts. Why? I guess I am worried of being less valued than the person who is strong, happy, and positive. But with God, strong or weak, happy or sad, calm or angry, he still loves each of us. 

Take a moment and reflect on the warm inner glow of knowing in your heart that God loves you, even when it is not your birthday!


— Tonya Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment