Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday, February 19: Jean Johnson


Psalm 48. Walk about...go all around.

On a rainy, gloomy morning, I found myself in the Parish Hall. My attention was drawn to the window where our brightly-feathered resident ducks were sheltering from the chilling rain. They were such a contrast to the colorless interior of the building. No voices were heard to distract me as I thought about the true meaning of this place which would soon be gone. Fifty years ago, I was shepherding my children into the nursery while I went to choir. How many souls have walked through here, or eaten together, or studied scripture, laughed and wept, and prayed as I have?

Walk about and ponder what these spaces have meant to you. Will you remember the kitchen, the offices, the music rooms, the dinners, and the unusual “woman” room?
This old structure has been the site of so many memories, so important to parish life, As we think of our new state of the art building , let us remember what has been. Thanks be to God.

    Jean Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment