Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wednesday, March 18: Alyce Rogers

John 6:38. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, the will of him who sent me.

This passage spoken by Jesus is awesome, sad, comforting, and challenging to me. Awesome, because God loves us so much that he wanted to send us a savior in human form so that we could really see and hear Him and be in relationship to Him; sad, because this little baby would grow, be rejected, suffer, and ultimately die to show us his love; comforting, because Jesus said that ‘this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day”; challenging, because I want to be all that He wills for me.

Often in the mornings, I sit at a small table by the window overlooking birch trees and the driveway that crosses a creek and wind my beloved Aunt’s gold pocket watch. She was the person during my growing up years that loved me unconditionally and I can feel her presence in the touch of that watch. I pray for my family and those names that seem to rise to the surface and at the end I ask that Jesus will make me aware during the day of doing His will and not my own. In the touch of that watch, I can sometimes feel and hear Jesus speaking in my heart. I regret that this does not always lead to a successful day, but it does make me more aware of living with purpose.

I am in the senior years of my life and I am finally realizing that it is not measured in triumphs and defeats, but in loving and not losing what has been and will be placed in my little life.

My prayer for all of you is that you, too, will rest in the knowledge of just how much God loves each one of us and that the wonderful plans He has prepared for you will be revealed as you seek Him!

 —Alyce Rogers 

No comments:

Post a Comment