Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday, March 3: Sunni Bannon

1 Corinthians 4:7 (The Message). For who do you know that really knows you, knows your heart? And even if they did, is there anything they would discover in you that you could take credit for? Isn't everything you have and everything you are sheer gifts from God?

It seems it is human nature to compare. We compare ourselves with our neighbors, our colleagues, our parents and with people we see on TV and read about in books, blogs and newspapers. Sometimes in the comparisons, we feel a sense of superiority and other times we feel like we will never be able to keep up. How can we find the peace and satisfaction that evaporates from this constant comparison? In my experience, it isn’t by trying harder, but by being in this very moment in God and by giving thanks. Holy God, Thank you for all that You have created.

Open my eyes to see myself and my surroundings as You see them – beloved and beautiful. Fill my heart, mind and soul with gratitude for the goodness of Your gifts so that I may be empowered to be a servant of Christ and a steward of Your mysteries. Amen.

— Sunni Bannon

No comments:

Post a Comment