Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wednesday, March 21: Jean Johnson

Psalm 101. I will look with favor on the faithful in the land, so that they live with me.

Outside the windows of my house stands a grove of firs. My husband and I built this house in 1962, and these trees were strong then. Clif spent his last eighteen months in his hospital bed gazing from time to time at these same firs from the same windows. Now, six years later, I am in charge of my surroundings, with God's help. I watch the eagle build its nest in the largest tree and observe the crows as they challenge first the eggs, then the foundlings. At other times, snow has caused the boughs of these stalwarts to bend but not break. Drought and wind have also challenged their beauty as the years have passed by, but God must look with the same favor on these trees that watches over me.

Jean Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment