Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday, March 8: Susan Huenefeld

Mark 4:21-34. Pay attention to what you hear; the measure you give will be the measure you get, and still more will be given you.

I love Jesus’ parables! For me, they exemplify the “living” word. They clearly aren’t meant to be literal, and every time I read one, I gain new insights. A major theme of the parables, as well as this portion of Mark, is that the Kingdom of God is one of abundance. (I am not talking about money, but about love, faith, beauty, compassion, our abilities, as well as material necessities like food.) God takes whatever small bit of faith, ability, etc. we have and transforms it into something larger. As long as we are connecting with God, we will be taken care of. Our job is to allow ourselves to be transformed and to participate in the Kingdom.

Susan Huenefeld

No comments:

Post a Comment