Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday, March 8: Tom Anderson



Jeremiah 11:1-8, 14-20. ...warning them persistently, even to this day, saying, Obey my voice. Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but everyone walked in the stubbornness of an evil will. So I brought upon them all the words of this covenant, which I commanded them to do, but they did not.

Tough Love Old Testament Style

I know that as human as I am, I tend to get carried away with the gift of free will. So long as my will gets me what I want I’m sure that what I’m thinking, doing, seeking, and possessing is proof that my will and God’s will are syncing…Finally at last I have knowledge of God’s will for me. Occasionally that seems to be a sound and functioning theory. But since I don’t have enough accurate perspective on myself, my thinking, my feeling, and my behaving, let alone the world I live and move in, this operating theory can lead to neutral or negative impact on myself and regretfully also on those around me. God in His Loving Mercy and Infinite Wisdom has made me in such a way that I learn and grow much more from my failures than from my successes. I get more than my fair share of both to be sure; to help me learn from my misguided free will God is Patent, Trusting, and Respectful enough to allows me to ask for His help when I am ready to receive it. God is a gentleman and doesn’t go where he’s not invited. The pithy saying “no pain no gain” is more profound than its cliché reputation and was as dynamic when Jeremiah was written as it is today here and now. Another example of The Bible being alive and pertinent as much in the mundane part of our lives as the more memorable events.    

   Tom Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment