Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday, March 7: Kelly Gregory



Psalm 43. For you are the God in whom I take refuge; why have you cast me off?

As I settled down to write this reflection I read through the Psalm, sat quietly for a moment, and then proceeded to curl up on the couch and burst in to tears. The last six months have been difficult months, but I was not crying because I felt abandoned by God. Just the opposite, I knew in my heart that I had tried to get by on my own strength. In the midst of the struggles God was sitting next to me, sharing my tears and my pain. Sometimes there is no understanding why things happen, they aren’t challenges sent by God to test our strength, but moments to fall at Gods feet and weep together. He is our light, our truth, and our hope. He will never leave you or forsake you.

O send out your light and your truth; 
let them lead me

Why are you cast down, O my soul, 
and why are you disquieted within me? 
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, 
my help and my God.    

— Kelly Gregory

No comments:

Post a Comment