Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday, March 12: Charles Rus



Psalm 94. Happy are those whom you discipline, O LORD, and whom you teach out of your law.

I am acutely aware as I meditate on this Psalm and try to express what comes up for me that I have been in an uncentered place in my spirit of late. I’ve been irritable and worried. I’ve tried to control things that are not mine to control. I’ve not been generous in my thoughts toward others. So you see I can relate well to a psalmist who sees the evil in the world outside of himself, in the other. They do evil. They are arrogant and prosper. They are selfish fools. God will get them. It’s an alluring attitude.

I need to remember, however, that the psalmist grew up in a time and place where society was organized in tribes, and might made right. He was not likely sitting at the breakfast table with silver and cream, whining about the world from a place of relative extreme wealth.
Dear God give me humility and perspective. “Happy are those whom you discipline, O Lord, and whom you teach out of your law.”         

   Charles Rus

No comments:

Post a Comment