Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday, March 4: Dick Rogers


Psalm 77. God’s mighty deeds remembered

It opens with a sense of abandonment, darkness, and fear of loss of God’s love and compassion. 77:8 Has his steadfast love ceased forever? Are His promises at an end forever? The humble trusting believer in the Psalm makes a conscious choice. 77:11 I will call to mind the deeds of the Lord (your mighty deeds). 77:15 With your strong arm you redeemed your people (your community). 77:19 Your way was through the sea your path through the mighty waters (not around, over or under but through)! 77:20 You led your people like a flock (a flock of sheep with a shepherd guiding them, a community with biblically God inspired leadership) leaders like Moses and Aaron who were guided by God’s voice.

For me this Psalm connects with those dark times in my life when I feel despair, lack of direction, questioning the meaning of life and my faith (trust) in God. It reminds me that I have a choice to look to the light, in trust, remembering God’s gift of His son Jesus and His faithful leadership of his small community of followers to and through the cross. Remembering, also, that the way is through trouble not around, over or under and that we are not alone but in community.     

    Dick Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment